Ten paths punctuated by life stories, from adolescence to death, from social discomfort to love, where music has a role of saving and moral redemption.
Album release on April 29, 2022.
Bad Blood is the first album by Carpets & Candles, a group that has always worked on their own songs, born from visions of Andrea Bruno and set to the music of Marta Costacurta, Daniel Donadio and Francesco Fucatoro.
It was recorded at Bios Music Studios all live to give this lively and real impetus to the interpretation.
This is a selection of the band’s songs, relaxing songs associated with the world of rock and the young impressions of the four members, called the “Four Roses”.
The theme of passing and destroying morals runs across the entire album. Born from the desire for revenge, from the ashes of a very dark period in the history of its authors, conditioned by a series of psychological and social traumas.
The annoyances that led to the writing of these passages are the confrontation with the death and loss of respected people, the confrontation with castrated and overprotective characters who suffocated adolescence, and the sterile and ruthless relationship.
Most of the songs were inspired by the group’s singer and guitarist, Andrea Bruno, from his personal experiences. The music of Marta, Francesco and Daniel, perhaps more discreetly, welcomes these experiences and makes them their own.
track by track
1- Fornication – This is the hardest rock song in the carpet. The arrangement is in keeping with the instinctive character that inspired the entire piece. There are also some references to honoring the four boys’ favorite artists. The text uses ambiguous bodily connotations, although it does not stop at the simple sexual meaning of the terms, and also refers to the interrogation of customs imposed by contemporary morals.
2. Moon – This is a hymn to madness. Love leaves a trail. Even the darkest and most innate paths. The depth of it is related to the animal that lives inside it. The craziest and most unpredictable part. Luna talks about these tracks. Written in the moonlight on one of the many sleepless nights. Love burns. The shell of the body burns, and only the ashes and the soul remain, the crazy part, where anything is possible.
3.km – The first single excerpt that talks about what happens after the relationship ends: new possibilities open up, and what was solid becomes smooth and changing.
The connection with nature reminds us that life goes on despite disappointments and lost time. They keep reminding you that life exists and goes on. It continues without you realizing it. At this point a change must be made. turn the page. Learn about the past and transform the future.
4. Distances Spaces are memory. The memory of a trip has already taken place. A nostalgic trip always comes to mind when the monotonous and everyday life is tight. Distances are the hope that existence extends beyond the unknown realms in which we live and grow.
5. stable – Stabile tells us about human fragility. Tenderness and fragility are everything. Love makes it possible to repair cracks. One moment you are whole, yet one moment in a thousand pieces like glass. We are not made of iron or marble, and we are not as stable as it sometimes seems. It takes very little to destroy us.
6. Obligation – This piece is about addiction to not knowing how to be happy. From the disease of perfectionism and idealism. Almost like the mythical eagle of Prometheus, it feeds on forces. Oltremisura is a cry trying to fill the void of understanding that seems to separate those for whom life seems to succeed without effort and those who struggle every day. In Oltremisura, failure is sung, the desire to redefine one’s finite dimensions and transcend boundaries.
7. Gravity Ideas – This passage tells us about the desire to hope; It is a reflection of monotony and the will to break it.
8. The heart is looking for you – We’re talking about life’s shortcomings. What’s happened. Without being real actors in their present. Life is a movie made without realizing it. Extras, Photographer, Low Level Actor. Viewers follow each other unconsciously. Someone else decides.
9. Fog – This passage talks about the veil made of tradition and conformity that covers all of us. This fog is so thick that, at times, one can hardly recognize the other. There is no longer any truth, everything is settled by agreement. There are no singularities and no exceptions. She speaks of a prophet about escaping from the betrayal of love. Of the falsehood that lies behind the relations of the facade, it is preserved only for laziness and for a pleasant sense of security.
10. Into the Clouds This passage talks about the ecstasy that new love brings to our lives. Everything takes on a new color, everything looks unified and harmonious. With the same lightness you can change directions and destiny. Motivated by the new love, everything is normal. There is still a thread of nostalgia and awareness, just enough to convince one to seize the moment of vital energy.
Album version: April 29, 2022
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/CarpetsCandles
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/carpetsmusic/
- YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fmSnmt-wA0Wx95Mf_Hwsg/featured
Carpets & Candles was born out of a four-story encounter in 2012. They are Marta, the dash and rhythmic pulse, Francesco encapsulating lively bass, Danielle Jack’s strength and instinct, and Andrea, a subtle wordplay.
Born as an alternative project for each component, it has grown over time to date, thanks to the passion and friendship of the four.
Daniel and Andrea meet hard rock guitars: Together they start creating new pieces. Even the meeting between Marta and Andrea takes place thanks to the music, on one of the many evenings between the bands. Together they made several dates between 2009 and 2010 mostly in local and provincial Milan. Finally they met Francesco on one of the many music evenings. Fate wants their guitarist to be absent and to be replaced by Francesco. Carpet and candles were born that evening.
Marta’s world consists of jazz, blues, rockabilly, rhythms and rhythms that just miss a word.
Francesco’s world is made up of deep passion, delay colors, frequencies, nu metal and post rock, resting softly on one another.
Daniel is a hard stone, pure primal instinct capable of serving unexpected delicacies.
Andrea’s world is the colors of the endless blues, of constant and constant struggle so that only one voice appears screaming in his head. Sometimes in confusion only silence remains and the music speaks, that which Daniel, Francesco and Marta know how to take, understand and recolor, to the ears of the listener, the possibility of joining their flow.
In 2018, they decided to enter the Bios Music recording studio in Solaro. Luca Liviero of Bios Production believes in the ideas of the four: they choose songs together, study them, and refine them to finish their debut album after two years of work. Their debut album, Fased Blood, is scheduled to be released on April 29, 2022.