- Full name: John Joseph Nicholson
- date of Birth: 04/22/1937
- place of birth: Neptune City
- Zodiac sign: ox
- Height: 1.78 m
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: the actor
- Appearance date: 1958
Jack Nicholson’s acting career spanned nearly sixty years, starting with Since its inception in 1958 in baby killer cryuntil he retired from the scene with the release of how do you know that And he was officially hired by director Mike Flanagan in 2019. During his dramatic years in Los Angeles, Nicholson became friends with Dennis Hopper and Roger Corman, who would effectively start his career.
In addition to producing his first film, Corman hires an actor to direct him in various roles (little horror shopAnd virgin waxAnd Valentine’s Day massacre). However, his career is struggling to take off, so much so that Nicholson plans to dedicate himself instead to the role of screenwriter or director. However, toward the end of the decade, comes the part that puts him on top: In 1969 Nicholson starred alongside his friend Dennis Hopper in Easy RiderA cult movie for the rhythm generation Which also earned him a nomination for Best Supporting Actor at the Academy Awards.
His career is on the rise and the actor takes on many different roles quite often Collaboration with highly qualified managers: Roman Polanski (Chinatown), Stanley Kubrick who played the iconic role of Jack Torrance (shining), Tim Burton, who under his administration wears the Joker mask (Batman), James L. Brooks (ppoem of tendernessAnd something changedAnd how do you know that), Sean Penn (The Promise(and Martin Scorsese, with whom he first worked in 2006)the late).
Great are the names behind the camera, but also those who share the screen with Nicholson. at Longing for tenderness In fact, he stars with Shirley MacLaine and Debra Winger. The film received eleven Academy Award nominations, winning five of them, including Best Supporting Actor for Nicholson. at reds He enters the scene alongside Warren Beatty and Diane Keaton, and will return to collaborate with them in 2003. anything could happen. at Heartburn – Heart Affairs Instead it acts as a counterpart to Meryl Streep.
In 1992 he served as Colonel Nathan Jessup in honor codeStarring Tom Cruise, Kevin Bacon and Cuba Gooding Jr The Promise He shares the scene with Helen Mirren and Benicio del Toro; while in It’s not too late He collaborates with actor Morgan Freeman.
Jack Nicholson is the son of showgirl John Francis Nicholson, who the actor has long believed to be his sister and her true identity was only revealed after her death. Then Nicholson was actually raised by his maternal grandmother, Ethel May. The actor has six childrenOnly four are officially recognized.
The eldest daughter Jennifer is the daughter of actress Sandra Knight’s marriage that ran from 1962 to 1968. Son Caleb is born instead of dating Susan Ansbach, while sons Lauren and Raymond are the fruit of the relationship with Rebecca. Broussard.
After his first marriage, the actor never married, but had a long relationship with Anjelica Huston, which lasted from 1973 to 1990. From the late 1990s to 2004, the actor was romantically associated with actress Lara Flynn Boye, and later dated model Kate Moss for some time. .
- 1958 – baby killer cry (film directed by Jos Addis)
- 1960 – little horror shop (film directed by Roger Korma)
- 1969 – Easy Rider (film directed by Dennis Hopper)
- 1970 – Five easy pieces (film directed by Bob Rafelson)
1973 – The last forced labor (film directed by Hal Ashby)
- 1974 – Chinatown (film directed by Roman Polanski)
- 1975 – Someone flew over the cuckoo’s nest (film directed by Milos Forman)
- 1980 – shining (film directed by Stanley Kubrick)
- 1981 – Postman rings always twice (film directed by Bob Rafelson)
- 1981 – reds (film directed by Warren Beatty)
- 1983 – Longing for tenderness (film directed by James L. Brooks)
- 1984 – Honor Prizzi (film directed by John Huston)
- 1986 – Heartburn – Heart Affairs (film directed by Mike Nichols)
- 1989 – Batman (film directed by Tim Burton)
- 1992 – honor code (film directed by Rob Reiner)
- 1996 – Mars attacks! (film directed by Tim Burton)
- 1997 – something changed (film directed by James L. Brooks)
- 2001 – The Promise (film directed by Sean Penn)
- 2002 – about schmidt (film directed by Alexander Payne)
- 2003 – anything could happen (film directed by Nancy Meyers)
- 2006 – The departed – the good and the bad (film directed by Martin Scorsese)
- 2007 – It’s not too late (film directed by Rob Reiner)
- 2010 – how do you know that (film directed by James L. Brooks)
Awards and Certificates of Appreciation
- 1975 – BAFTA for Best Actor for The last forced labor And Chinatown
- 1976 – Best Actor Oscar for Someone flew over the cuckoo’s nest
- 1975 – Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Drama for Chinatown
- 1976 – Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Drama for Someone flew over the cuckoo’s nest
- 1977 – BAFTA Award for Best Actor for Someone flew over the cuckoo’s nest
- 1983 – BAFTA Award for Best Supporting Actor for reds
- 1984 – Oscar for Best Supporting Actor for Longing for tenderness
- 1984 – Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor for Longing for tenderness
- 1986 – Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy Honor Prizzi
- 1998 – Best Actor Oscar for something changed
- 1998 – Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy something changed
- 1999 – Golden Globes for a lifetime achievement
- 2001 – Kennedy Center Honors for Contribution to Art and Culture
- 2003 – Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Drama for about schmidt
How many Oscar nominations did Jack Nicholson get?
Despite winning only three Academy Awards, Jack Nicholson received twelve nominations, including eight for Best Actor and four for Support.
Why did Jack Nicholson retire from the podium?
Jack Nicholson’s last movie dates back to 2010, and despite his brief appearance on the 2015 SNL special, the actor appears to have already retired from the scene. He did not provide any reasons or confirm his decision, although rumors circulated about an alleged illness (possibly Alzheimer’s disease) that may have influenced his choice.
Who is the father of Jack Nicholson?
The authorship of actor Jack Nicholson is still unknown to this day. Over the years, it has been speculated that the father might be Eddie King, June’s dance partner when he worked at a New Jersey nightclub. Alternatively, other rumors believe that Don Furcio Rose, singer and ex-boyfriend of June, has actually claimed paternity, but the actor has yet to confirm this.